This is a newsletter for craftsmen. For those who design and build services, and digital products. With our newsletter, you will get an efficient set of tools to learn a lot about topics focused on services & digital product building.
What will this newsletter do for you?
We are on a mission to learn, design and build. Along the way, we found our own way that isn’t just focused on ingesting loads of information. We transform all that to make it to the longterm memory.
It is all focused on a couple of techniques like:
- Spaced Repetition (Maybe you have used Anki, or Memrise to learn a language – have you thought you could use the same thing to learn different skills? Have you thought of using Anki flashcards to learn less common Figma keyboard shortcuts?)
- Checklists (checklists we create aren’t to be just blindly followed, but discussed, improved, incorporated into your flow)
- Concept maps (isolated facts are great, but connections and patterns are better)
- Key takeaways (let’s say it openly, most business&creativity books could be shortened by 50% without losing any value; so what we do is we try to shorten books as much as possible and then share them)
Our goal is to show and teach. Our goal is to meet same-minded people who want to build great services and digital products and give them the best of what we learn ourselves.
Who is this for?
In our newsletter, you will get a list of links and all links will be tagged like this:
- Product Management
- Service Design
- Change Management
So you can scan what contents are relevant to you in probably two seconds.
What can you read in the newsletter?
A big part of our internal improvement process is based on learning transformed into a form that is easy to get into longterm memory, processes, and checklists. We make a big part of this learning public here.
We read books, describe our experiments & experiences and them we transform them into a form of:
- Key takeaways – up to four A4 pages of text on a given topic, book or experience (most often less)
- Anki decks – set of question/answer flashcards you can use to learn
- Concept maps – the board that visually shows the relationship between different concepts, processes, tools, etc.
- Checklists – a guide describing how to do some activity, what to check, how to edit something, etc.
All these are parts of our newsletter.
Some small percent of things we see, that happen to us and we want to share, will make it to the newsletter too. These will be tagged so if you came for learning in this format only, you can easily pass.
How often, how to sign up, etc.?
This is a weekly newsletter with an exception during holidays.
We don’t sell your e-mail address to anybody else. We include an unsubscribe link in all e-mails. We use MailChimp for e-mail send out.